Marty Larson, Mayor
March 24, 2020
It has been a turbulent and somewhat disturbing couple of weeks, for the Nation, the State and the Town of Genola regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The President of the United States is recommending gatherings of no more than 10 people. With this directive, we will reach out to those who have scheduled our Town facilities and inform them of the new restrictions.
The Town of Genola has implemented the following to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19.
* The monthly Senior Citizen Dinner including all programing is canceled until further notice.
* Meals on Wheels delivery will continue.
* The Town will limit mass gatherings to less than 10.
* The library will be closed until further notice.
* The recreation programs will be suspended until further notice.
* Customer Service counter at the Town Office will remain open however payments can be made online @xpressbillpay.com, by mail or dropped in the drop box located out front. Your welcome to call our office 801-754-5300 during regular business hours. Mon-Thurs. 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
* The Town culinary water service will not be interrupted during the restrictions of COVID-19.
* We encourage those over 60 years of age and those with compromised immune systems to avoid public gatherings.
* Public Safety:
* First responders are responding to all calls; however, they are taking additional precaution when practical including addressing issues via phone call.
* Fire Station. All training and gathers have been suspended. There will be no public tours.
* Development Service will conduct virtual meetings with developers and limit personal contact if possible.
* All non-essential meetings will be postponed.
* Town Council and Planning Commission Meetings will continue as scheduled but will be handled virtually thru Zoom. The public will be invited to participate electronically. Zoom links will be posted on the Town website at Genola.org and at the Public Safety Building.
* Santaquin/Genola/Goshen Justice Court will reschedule all court cases. You should receive a notice in the mail if not contact them. There are exceptions so please contact the Genola Justice Court at 801-754-5376 during regular business hours Mon.-Wed.- Fri. 9:00 a.m-1:00 p.m. and Tues. from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. and on Thurs. from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Their office will be open for payments even if the city offices are closed.
* This announcement will be posted on Town Website at Genola.org and on the Towns Facebook page.
Please continue to watch for further information.
Mayor Marty Larson
For Aditional information for best practices to keep ourselves safe click on the link below: